Scheepsmodellen / bouwtekeningen

van: www.kustvaartforum.com
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Re: Scheepsmodellen / bouwtekeningen

Bericht door Nordmark71 »

Wow, what a beauty :shock: ! Looks great!!!
Do you have some info about scale + length?

Krgds
Arne
k-k

Bericht door k-k »

Indeed it's one of my favorite models, Arne. Got the Graupner kit in 1962 for my 17th anniversary. Scale 1:250, 90 cm long, 12 cm width. During construction she was crushed under a bunk on board of a tankerbarge. From the remainders I managed to shape a model with the accomodation aft. That was around 1975 and the Italian tanker Raffaele Cafiero was used as example. Originally she should get a Distler electrical motor, but I took an old tape-recorder motor. The 30 mm propeller was shaped from 1 mm brass using a 2 mm shaft. 8 Penlight Nimh cells battery, CTI speed controller and a 40 years old Microprop servo. The rudder can turn about 140 degrees, and she sails well. A few years ago I replaced the mild steel propeller-shaft for a stainless steel one. The last job was to replace the navigation light-bulbs by leds. With 2.500 grams displacement it's a very handsome vessel. Draft a bit more than on scale. Otherwise there was insufficient space for the electronics those days. Picture showing the hold is with the old self built ESC. Rgds, Klaas.
20170127_131629.jpg
20170127_131629.jpg (118.17 KiB) 1632 keer bekeken
20140526_095820.jpg
20140526_095820.jpg (75.34 KiB) 1632 keer bekeken
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Hi Klaas,
it's a really great one :wink: . On the water, the model looks much bigger than it is. And the old technology which works reliable after so many years. It's matchless!!! A nice memory to your youth, I think. Is it your oldest model?

Krgds
Arne
k-k

Bericht door k-k »

It's my eldest model Arne and gives me company for more then 50 years. If she was able to tell. Spent several years sailing, some years exhibited at the refinery, where I was working. Then back to the dockyard for minor repairs and to be painted. Fell from the shelf loosing a part of her nose and a big dent in the aft section. The keelsection at the rudder came loose. But the yard managed to do all repairs within time and budget. Operation of the rudder was not as I liked. Not sufficient turning and bad performance in steering and stopping. 1:2 gear added to the rudder, addition of 4 mm rudder in front of the shaft and a brass propeller. I know that a seagoing vessel had worse performance in steering than a barge, but turning 180° in 3 stages took too much of my patience. And now she behaves well. Originally the propeller-shaft was running in oil, but that caused a mess in the engine-room. Since I changed the oil for grease (petroleum jelly), it's much better. No leakages anymore and once per season I refresh the grease and inspect shaft and bearings. Modified all my vessels to this type of greasing. Heat the grease a bit and inject it with a syringe and a little piece of plastic hose. And so we stay young at heart and can I feel myself (every now and then) captain of one of my vessels. Regards, Klaas
20141002_120546.jpg
20141002_120546.jpg (192.48 KiB) 1629 keer bekeken
RIMG1277.JPG
RIMG1277.JPG (101.87 KiB) 1631 keer bekeken
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Hi Klaas,
some true words! Today, I use the same kind of grease like you. Originally I have used oil for the lubrication, too. Grease is the better alternative.

Today I have finished my whaler. The crew is already on board :wink: .
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Some pics of the detail and the crewmembers:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Krgds
Arne
k-k

Bericht door k-k »

Looks great, Arne. Below a picture showing the modification of steering gear in my little tanker. Now the rudder can turn far enough without restriction in the aft peak. Rgds Klaas.
20150809_133159.jpg
20150809_133159.jpg (131.59 KiB) 1628 keer bekeken
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Hello Klaas,
great job. I've seen something like that at a vessel of a good friend. He had connected rudder and servo with some gearwheels and a chain. A perfect solution!

Yesterday, we met for a "rc-nightmeeting" near Rendsburg. I want to show you some pics of it:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

This meeting includes a family celebration :mrgreen: :
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Krgds
Arne
k-k

Bericht door k-k »

Arne, Sailing in the dark always adds an extra dimension! Great to meet with such friends. Rgds, Klaas.
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

That's right! I'm happy about it :wink: !

Today, my testvessel AXION has an assignment! It should bring three divers to a shipwreck, which sank some days ago near the waterway.

AXION left the harbour:
Afbeelding

When AXION arrives at the wreckposition...
Afbeelding

...the divers are ready to do their job!
Afbeelding

Diver outside!
Afbeelding

Vessel in 'standby position':
Afbeelding

After the job was done, AXION turned back to its homeport:
Afbeelding

Krgds
Arne
Roy

Bericht door Roy »

It's really a beauty Arne !.
I'm a ex merchant marine man but this navy tug, I like here very much................ :wink:

regards, Roy
Plaats reactie