Scheepsmodellen / bouwtekeningen

van: www.kustvaartforum.com
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Re: Scheepsmodellen / bouwtekeningen

Bericht door Nordmark71 »

Hi all,
today I met my colleague Dennis, because I wanted to check my new build coaster HOHEBURG at his dock. The vessel is nearly finished (90%).

Some pics of this little fine event:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Working lights on:
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Krgds
Arne
k-k

Bericht door k-k »

Nice pictures Arne! And how is the performance of Hoheburg? Yesterday we had an excellent day for sailing in Maasdam. Nice waterfront to launch your models. A few pictures to get an impression. The steam driven tug weighs about 45 kgs. The smallest (double propellor) tug was towing my tiny coaster. Both in scale 1:50. Rgds. Klaas.
20171014_142108.jpg
20171014_142108.jpg (222.83 KiB) 2278 keer bekeken
20171014_121909.jpg
20171014_121909.jpg (210.66 KiB) 2278 keer bekeken

Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Hello Klaas,
many thanks. I couldn't check the performance of the vessel at all, because the basin isn't very large. Nevertheless I'll upload a little video of yesterday's event the next days. I'll check the coaster in November during my holidays in Denmark.

The steam tug is a pride model. Seems to be larger than 1.2m. I've seen some one like this at an rc event, too. The hull was made of brass. At the museumsport of Hamburg-Oevelgönne, there are some old tugs like these, built by Janssen&Schmilinski and H.C. Stülcken/ Hamburg. They are a certificate of an excellent handworkship.

Your coaster is a fine and interesting model. I've seen this kind of vessel very often in Norway. A heavy derrick for such a little ship. I think I know the little tug, which towed your coaster. Isn't it a Damen Stan tug 1606? I have built a model of a 1606 two years ago. It's only 320mm long, but it's very agile.
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Krgds
Arne
k-k

Bericht door k-k »

Indeed Arne, it's a Stantug 1606. Surprisingly good performance. See the building-report.
https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/bo ... 06.234130/
My little coaster is a model of a serie of 7 vessels, built in 1967 for Norway. The order was placed via Conoship.
The archive of Conoship is in The Noordelijk scheepvaartmuseum in Groningen.
They supplied the drawings for me in 1:50. Unfortunately the volunteer who did this service, Koos de Jong passed away, somewhere in May 2017.
The steamtug Henriëtte is 150 cm long and has a 90% automated engineroom. See the buildingreport (needs some time to read).
https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/st ... 41/page-79
Regards, Klaas.
Kongol

Bericht door Kongol »

Great job Arne. Hoheburg, later Marianne C. ( Max Clausen, Rendsburg) next to the german auxiliary-ship FRANKFURT AM MAIN
Armin
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Hoi Armin,
many thanks for your kind words :D . You're right, the big grey one is FAM;-)

Krgds
Arne
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Hoi Klaas,
many thanks for your info about the steamer and your coaster. 1:50 is a great scale :D . Maybe we'll meet in future for a little and fine 1/50 scale event?

I've uploaded a short video about the first trial of HOHEBURG. Maybe you like it? Please watch it in 1080HD :wink: , if you want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmtcBeboLec

Krgds
Arne
k-k

Bericht door k-k »

Thanks for the info, Arne. Great that you managed to get Hoheburg so far ready, including the illumination. Indeed 1:50 is a nice scale and very handsome. Easy to transport and handle. My coaster weighs about 3.000 grams. Same as the 1:250 tanker. Total different behaviour in performance. The tanker sails forward an backward in a straight line and is easy to manoeuvre. The coaster is vary handsome going forward, but impossible to steer going backward. Has to do with lenght/beam proportion. The tanker is 1:8 and the coaster 1:4. And the tanker is more on even keel. I regret that we're living in a big distance, as a 1:50 model meeting would be great! How far do you go in SW direction to attend such items? I remember some video's from Ibbenbüren. I'm not very active to attend meetings. Maasdam is nearby, about 35 minutes by car. Regards, Klaas.
Nordmark71
Contacteer:

Hi Klaas,
for an exciting 1/50 meeting I' ll come to the netherlands, too. I've been in Den Helder 20 years ago, when I was a 'sealord' 8). A good friend of mine has a caravan and I could lend the camper of my parents. I think, we'll come with 3 or 4 RC friends. Maybe it's possible to find a date for a meeting next year? It'll be great and I'll ask my friends :wink:.

Today, my colleague Holger from subwaterfilm has uploaded a video of our 1/50 scale meeting at Aukrug. It's the best movie, I ever saw of a meeting!

Krgds
Arne
k-k

Bericht door k-k »

Hello Arne, Every year at Whitsun, there is a Werkschependag organised. By the end of the year the location is selected. Have never been there so far, but I'm thinking of to attend next year. I think it will not be a special 1:50 event, but keep an eye upon it. Holger is a professional an I like his video's. The only thing I dislike is the music in the background. There should be some enginesound of the vessels. Difficult to produce, but there should be some challenges is n't it?
Rgds, Klaas
https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/16 ... st-3840697
Plaats reactie